There are so many YA series that not many people have heard a lot about. It seems like YA books are so popular these days that everyone has read all the new ones but when there is so much hype for a book a whole bunch kind of fly through under the radar. Of course every book has at least one person out there that loves it so here are five of the littler known books/series.
1) Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman - This book takes what we know and flips it to the total other side. Historical events are written from a different perspective. As an example; in this book the whole race issue is the opposite way.
2) Chicken soup for the Soul books - I can remember these books were huge when I was in elementary school and high school. These books seemed good for about a couple of reads but they quickly got boring. It kind of seemed like they were all the same stories. It seems like they are underrated because there are so many and one for every single issue out there.
3) The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart - These books are great for any age; from kids, teenagers, and even adults. This series is underrated because it's one of those books that if no one tells you about it then you won't know about it. The characters seem like everyday people that we can relate to so it seems dull in a way. Now a days people what to read about all these different types of people and situations that could never happen!
4) Shatter me series by Tareheh Mafi - When this book first came out there was so much hype about it that everyone was so excited to read it. Once people read it there were some things that some people didn't like but it was still a good book. Because it wasn't the biggest book out at the time all of the other books in the series were not really anticipated and because of that it has gone unnoticed now.
5) The Time Quintet by Madeleine L'Engle - I am sure you guys are wondering why this series is on here but most people these days do not even know that there was more than one book in the series. The first book is a classic but the rest of them are hardly ever mentioned. It seems to me that maybe the first book is not underrated but the rest of the series is!
These books are some that many people don't really know or have not heard all the hype about them. I believe that you all should go and look for these books and read them. I challenge you all to do this - go and read these books then tell at least five people about them. Maybe we can get them into the reading circles again!