Thursday, April 28, 2016

Book Review: Armada by Ernest Cline

Book Review:

Armada 
By Ernest Cline

 


Synopsis:   Zack Lightman has spent his life dreaming. Dreaming that the real world could be a little more like the countless science-fiction books, movies, and videogames he’s spent his life consuming. Dreaming that one day, some fantastic, world-altering event will shatter the monotony of his humdrum existence and whisk him off on some grand space-faring adventure.


Review: First thing I have to say is that this has become one of my new favorite books of all time! I read this one before his first book and fell in love. It seems like everything just works together. The writing style, plot, characters, setting and throwbacks! I feel like he really knew what he was talking about when most authors never really know what they are doing. I think I would have to say that the little bits of the past games really stole the book for me. I am a huge gamer so living within the game for the book made it even better for me! I loved it! If you like the 80's and any video games at all you should totally read this book! I know a lot of people didn't like this book because they read "Ready Player One" first but maybe it was just me but I thought this book was so much better but it could account to me reading this one first. 

Stars: 5/5!! 

Please leave your comments on what you thought on the book below! I will be updating my review and making it into the type of review I normally do! 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment